domingo, 2 de octubre de 2011

Beyond Samsara. Lotus Flower.



This is a study about meditation and the feeling of wholeness/nothingness that comes along with it. Completely done with watercolors.

While I was trough meditation, I first focused on bringing all the parts of my body together, I felt my chakras beginning to spin at a same speed all aligned as if they were trying to turn on a light at the top of a huge tower (the chakra at the top of my head). After this happened, I came to notice that I wasn't feeling my body any longer, nevertheless I did feel something that I could recognize as myself, some kind of translucent energy, which later I knew was pure light. 

At the exact time I noticed I WAS that light, I completely stopped thinking and felt like entering into an infinite void at maximum speed, all I could see was colors melting into light... then, when I was back in my rational mind, I remembered that LIGHT is actually all the colors mixed and interacting at levels that the human body can't perceive clearly by looking at it directly. 

This kind of feeling showed me that the word "I" is only something to designate a specific point of view located in a specific point in space/time. It showed me the interconnection and unity of all beings and all that exists. It showed me this material world as a matter of perception. This feeling was marvelous; all fear, worries, deception, selfishness, greed, or any egoic issues were absolutely gone. So I could see life as the freedom to choose how to live, and how to feel... an exciting and emotional ride, pure love. Pure Inspiration or divine creativity.

After this experience I continued to practice painting right after meditation until today, and I'll still be doing it for as long as I'm alive in this strange world. Also I felt the need to put it into paper for sharing an experience that could be common to all human beings. I've seen a lot of artwork that contains this kind of matter and it also truly inspired me. I hope it helps activating the imagination of whoever looks at it and the will to experience what really feels like the true nature of everything.

1 comentario:

  1. ¡Hermoso trabajo!
    me gusta mucho el manejo del color y la sutileza en el flujo de las formas... sugieren ritmos muy orgánicos.
    La representación del flujo de prana es muy honesta.
    ¡Bravo!.

    ResponderEliminar